Monday, June 6, 2011

Simply Said - Final Photos

Okay, I know I'm stuck on "Simply Said" stamp set, but I just had to play with it one more time. Over the weekend I got out two quarter sheets of Whisper White Card stock and just started stamping with the different stamps in the set. As you may or may not know, one of Stampin' Up!'s biggest claims to fame is the fact that their stamp sets are so coordinated, giving the user all properly sized images to use together.


After stamping images onto the quarter sheets, I then cut them to the sizes I needed to make the above cards. (You can see the extra pieces on the top). Oh, I forgot ... I used the Color Coach (pg. 165 - 121620 - $14.95) to perfectly match the colors. You'd think I'd know what colors go well together (being a former watercolor artist); but no, this was always difficult for me. I now use the Color Coach when I do a watercolor piece, too.

Then to add a little pizzaz to my cards I used the the 2-Way Glue Pen (pg 197 - 100425 - $3.50) and some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (pg. 196 - 102023 - $4.50). From bland to walahhhh!


Oh, by the way, the ribbon used was purchased from Stampin' Up!'s clearance rack for pennies. Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack daily to see what else they've reduced. A hint ... try to get the current color ribbons, buttons, paper etc. so you can be sure to match other items later.

This is one stamp set you won't find on my clearance table! If you like it too, be sure to order it before 6/30/11. It will be retired after that!

Stop back tomorrow for photos of another one of my favorite soon-to-be retired sets ...

No comments: