Wednesday, June 15, 2011

...My Diversion

Okay, you all know my passion is Stampin' Up! I just love their products. But, with that said, I know there are other stamp companies out there ... no really, there are! :-)



Last Saturday I organized a Shop Hop and we went to four different Stamping Stores throughout North Carolina. Enchanted Cottage (6275 Shallowford Rd., Lewisville, NC) was my favorite. It's been around for 17 years and is just room after room of stamps and stamping supplies! There I found what I've been looking for for some time ... mermaid stamps.

One of my very best friends, Kimber, who lives near Charleston, SC, has recently given up her high profile real estate career to open a furniture/gift consignment shop between Charleston and Myrtle Beach on Route 17 (Awendaw, SC). It's called "Low Country Mermaid" and is absolutely awesome. She finds "steals" at Goodwill, flea markets, yard sales, etc., refurbishes them and turns them into masterpieces. She's always been an incredible woman; and this is no exception to her talents! Walking into her store which had just opened in January, brought tears to my eyes. She is so into her element!!! And her store was awesome! If you're ever in that area, stop by.

Well anyway, I've been wanting to make her some cards to display/sell in her unique mermaid store. This is one of them. Simple but elegant. Notice the dazzling diamonds on the mermaid:




A simple technique and was reinspired in my by one of the cards I saw at the Enchanted Cottage. These two mermaid stamps were worth the entire trip!

No comments: