Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers' Day ...

RICK ... and all those other great dads out there in Bonnie's Blog World!
Well, come to think of it, maybe there aren't any men out there in Bonnie's Blog World ... oh well, Happy Fathers' Day to all Great dads everywhere!

In honor of Rick, I want to share with you his Happy Father's Day "Rum Rum" Card. In January, much to my dismay, Rick bought his first Harley. He just loves it. When he comes and goes, it is so loud ... rum ... rum ... rum. So, thus, came the name "Rum Rum".

Okay, so what's so Stampin' Up! special about this card. Except for the cardstock and the Dirt Bike single stamp (inside card .. photo coming up soon and will be retired as of 6/30/11)and the Jumbo Eyelet (which are coming back ... yeah ... very masculine), not a whole lot. While on the Shop Hop last week I purchased some Harley paper and Harley embossed metal. I just had to play with it. What is special about this card for you is the fun folds! It ends up being a 4x4" card when closed, and 8x8" when opened. Follow along with the photos:




Here are directions to make this card. If you get too confused by my written instructions, come to Diva in July. I am putting together a more feminine card with ribbons and all. You will be able to see a sample of this one close up with my original closure!

Cut cardstock 8x8" Score at 4". Turn 1/4 turn and score again at 4". You should have four equal blocks. Now, put opposite points on a straight line on your scoring instrument and score point to point.

Now here's where it will be difficult to explain ... (you may just have to come to see it done!) Push this last score line in so that the rest of the card will fold to a 4x4 card. As you fold these lines, you will need to use your bone folder to get solid folds for it to lay flat.

The piece of embossed metal on the front was cut 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" as well as the DSP paper inside and the bottom layer inside. The "Happy Fathers' Day" layer inside (very vanilla CS) was cut 3 1/2" x 3 1/2". You can decorate the front any way you want.

To make the closure, I cut a small piece of soft suede card stock, ran it through the big shot with the lattice embossing folder. Then using my Crop A Dial, I set the Jumbo Eyelet. I rounded the corners in the front with the corner rounder punch. I glued this piece on the back and tucked it under the Motorcycle layer on the front. Unfortunately this motorcycle stamp is already retired, but like the previous "on the green" single stamp (golfer) I recently used and will be retiring on June 30, 2011, it is a stamp I will not part with! Some stamps are just "keepers!"

When life settles down a little, I'd like to do some videos, and this would make a good video. It really is easy to do when shown. If you know of anyone who would like a few inspirations a week, please pass this blog address onto any stampers you know. I'm hoping it will get better!. http://bzstampin.blogspot.com.

Have a great day! And Happy Father's Day, Ricky Z!

No comments: