Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Flower for All Seasons - A fond farewell

I guess being a watercolor artist, this is one of my favorite stamp sets that will be retired soon. I am so sad. I just love this one. Again, I cannot take credit for making this card or most of the cards I will be displaying in the next few days. I'm going back to the photos I took at convention. Hope this sparks your creativity as it has help sparked mine. Cannot wait for convention, new products, new ideas ...

The Aqua Writer (pg. 195 of the current catalog #103954-2/$16.95) makes watercoloring easy from either an ink pad, reinkers, or even marker pens. I prefer the aqua writer, but some prefer the blender pens (pg. 195 - 3/$9.95). They both can be used with watercolor Wonder Crayons or Watercolor Pencils (pg. 194). Here are some hints from our Stampin' Up! website training:

Directions:

1) Dip the tip of a blender pen on to the corner of a Stampin' Pastel, then apply color to the stamped image.

OR

1) Brush the tip of a blender pen, Aqua Painter, or wet watercolor brush directly on the tip of a Watercolor Wonder Crayon, then apply color to the stamped image.

OR

1) Color a section of the stamped image with a Watercolor Wonder Crayon or Watercolor Pencil. Then use a blender pen, Aqua Painter, or wet watercolor brush to blend color as desired.

OR

1) Press the closed lid of a Classic Stampin' Pad down against the inked pad, then open the lid. Use a blender pen, Aqua Painter or damp watercolor brush to lift the ink from the small pool of color in the lid and apply to stamped image.

They recommend watercolor paper. I personally love to use Stazon permanent black ink on our Whisper White cardstock and watercolor on that. Very smooth and neat.



No comments: