Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fabulous Florets Card Swap

I was invited to participate in a card swap with another demonstrator from Savannah.   I made the following card and thought I would share my technique for this card.  I received a similar idea from a card swap from convention and just loved it!
I folded a half sheet of Whisper White cardstock in half for the card base.  I then made a stencil from a scrap 1/4 sheet of cardstock by folding it in half (long side) and using a 1 1/4" square punch to punch out a section, forming a frame (see below).  I put the stencil over the card front and stamped the stem and petals using  Versa Mark Ink and clear embossing powder.  After heat setting the embossing powder, I sponged Wisteria Wonder Ink around the inside edges of the stencil forming a border.  I then "scrunched" Concord Crush Ink over the center of the embossed area.  The darker, the better.   Dark ink next to a light embossed image really makes it POP!

Hand-made Stencil.

Inside I just inked the stamp with Wisterial Wonder, stamped it off once on a scrap piece of paper and then stamped it on the inside.

Products Used: 

Fabulous Florets stamp set- pg. 107
1 1/4" square punch - pg. 212
Versa Mark Ink - pg. 203
Clear Emboss Powder - pg. 201
Embossing Buddy (a must before embossing) - pg. 201
Wisteria Wonder & Concord Crush Classic Stamp Pads - pg. 176
Sponges - pg. 203
Heat Tool - pg. 201

No comments: