Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

...off to Stampin' Up! convention in Salt Lake City ... Yahooooooooooo!  (I had to learn this "yahoooooo" because at convention everytime a new product is announced (and many given away), we all scream ... "yahooooooo!"   Just practicing!

Okay, here's my favorite swap.  I was going to save this for a Punch Me Silly Class, but after putting together thirty of these card fronts, I don't think I want to make any more!!! 


Is she not adorable?!!!!   Okay, here's a quiz for you ... can you guess how many different punches were used to create this beauty????   Hint, one shape if from a Big Shot Die, not a punch.  You will soon find out.  But, before you read on, see if you can guess ...

Oh, by the way, I made one with white hair and sponged concord crush (purple) on the tips.  It was awesome (looked just like a sophisticated purple-haired lady), but it was just too much work to make 30!

Supply List:

CARDSTOCK:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point & Real Red
DSP:  Brights Collection Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (pg. 185)
EMBOSSING FOLDER:  Perfect Polka Dots (pg. 219)
BIGZ DIES:  Scallop Squares Duo (pg. 223)
MISC:  Gold Lame Smooch (pg. 203), Rhinestones (pg. 198), Black Marker and a piece of a blue feather from a package of feathers from Dollar Tree!

OKAY ... Here are the punches used (see pages 209-213)

Small Oval & Postage Stamp (Hat)
Bird Builder & Decorative Label (Hair)
Ornament (Face & Turtle Neck)
Owl Builder (Lips)
Lace Ribbon Border (Pumpkin Pie background)
Scallop Edge Border (Pacific Point trim under White Scallop Square)

SO IF YOU GUESSED ... 8 ... PUNCHES USED, YOU GOT IT RIGHT!

Hope you enjoyed this!  I'm saving this swap for the really great card swaps I see.  Sometimes the "swappers" can get a little picky.  They don't want to swap their works of art for just a simple swap.   I'm loaded and ready for some serious swapping this year!!!

As time permits during convention, I will try to post some quick photos of my favorite swaps so you can share my fun!  Stay tuned!!!  YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Have fun at the convention. Ann