Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Patriotic Card

Finally had a chance to play today waiting for my Divas to arrive.   I wasn't going to buy this Ala' Carte stamp, Land of the Free, (pg. 18 of Summer Mini), but I've seen several cards made with it and knew I'd be upset with myself if I didn't get it.   $8.95 is a small price to pay for a stamp to make cards for the service people who are protecting our freedom.  I have one special Diva who always organizes card signing events at the Lakehouse to send cards to our service people on Memorial Day.   She makes most of the cards; but is always very grateful for donations.  These will be going to her cause.  Thank you Joanne, for all you do.


I was actually using up some Pacific Point scraps, a retired star brad and some old star stickers.  My technique here was to emboss the flag stamp using Versa Mark Ink and Clear embossing powder on Whisper White cardstock.   After I heat embossed it, I used Real Red and Pacific Point Ink Pads and sponges to sponge over the respective areas of the flag.  For the card on the left, I used some sticky tape and folded some White Grosgrain Ribbon.  On top of that, I just used a scrap of real red cardstock and those $1 store star stickers. 

For the card on the right, this was literally a scrap of pacific point (see the reverse scallop punched bottom).  After I added the grosgrain ribbon and jumbo silver brad, it needed something else.   I used a ruler and a white gell pen and added 3 lines above the scallop bottom.  Like?

This stamp, Land of the Free (#123100 - $8.95), in the current Summer Mini Catalog did not make the big catalog.   So, if you like it, please order it before August 31, 2011.  You can order online 24/7!

If you ever have any cards to donate to Joanne's cause, I would be happy to get them to her.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: