Sunday, July 10, 2011

3 Days to Convention!

It's been a crazy, busy few days and hence, no blog postings.  Returned from PA and then busy getting my swaps ready for convention.  A swap is a CARD FRONT (made with 1/4 sheet of cardstock) to be exchanged swap for swap with other demonstrators throughout the country.  I made 130 swaps; and if all goes well, I should be bringing home 130 card fronts (swaps) to share with my Divas and blog followers.  This is one of my favorite parts of convention.  The ideas are incredible ...

Here's one of my four swaps:


 


The rules of a swap are that you have to use current product and all Stampin' Up! items.  Since the new catalog just came out July 1 and we leave July 12, time is a factor.   For this card I used the following items:

STAMP SET:  Strength & Hope (pg. 4 of Summer Mini - only available through Aug 31, 2011)
CARDSTOCK:  Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive
DSP:  Paisley Petals (pg. 184)
INKS:  Pretty in Pink & Old Olive
PUNCHES:  1" & 1 1/4" CIRCLE PUNCHES & Corner rounder Punch
DIES:  Clearlits Die (pg. 224)
RIBBON:  Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta (pg. 195)
MISC:  Sponges, Dimensionals, Rhinestones & Glue Dots

This stamp set, Strength and Hope, is in my opinion a staple stamp set.  We, unfortunately, all know way too many people who have had the cancer diagnosis and are fighting a tough battle.  The butterfly is a symbol of Hope.  I will be using this set for years to come to have cards made with this set on hand at all times. 

Check back Tuesday a.m. for my favorite swap!!


No comments: