Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Polished Stone Technique

Here's a fun little card we made recently at a techniques class.  It's called Polished Stone ...

This is best done on Glossy Paper.  You start with a cotton ball.  Apply a drop or two of pacific point reinker.  Next to those drops, drop another drop or two of another color (wild wasabi used here).  Then apply one drop of silver reinker.  Spray your cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, and then just start smooching it all around your piece of glossy paper.  I like using a full sheet of paper and making my own designer paper.  I then used Stazon Ink (permanent ink) and stamped the butterfly from the retired set, Strength and Hope randomly over the glossy paper.



To make the fun little notecard, I folded in half a half sheet of cardstock (pacific point used here).  Then using my Big Shot and the Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die (pg 223), I placed my cardstock over the larger of the two squares.  Now here's the tricky part.   Instead of putting the cutting plate over then entire large square, I placed it about 1" down from the folded edge.  Thus, it only cut to where the plate started, leaving me a 1" top.  You will have to take a scissors and cut off down to where the scallops start.   Then I simply attached two brads to hold the top part together. 

If you want a FREE Big Shot OR $100 in free product, call or email me ASAP.  From now until the end of October you can have your choice by simply signing up to receive all the other demonstrator benefits, too!  It's simple, and you can benefit from the 20% discount for all your future purchases!

No comments: