Friday, October 21, 2011

Chipboard Contest

I'm having a Chipboard Contest with prizes to be awarded (gift certificates for Stampin' Up! products) ...



What's Chipboard, you say ?????   Well chipboard is a heavy cardboard.  It is similar to the thick board that comes as a backing with our Glimmer Paper (pg 41 Holiday Mini).  Don't throw this away.  You can take your Big Shot (pg 215) and any Bigz Dies (pgs 220 to 223) and make your own chipboard pieces ...



Now with that said, here are two cards I made with some pre-cut chipboard pieces.  Here I've taken some pieces of Frostwood Lodge DSP (pg 28 Holiday Mini), adhered them to my pre-cut chipboard pieces, took my sanding block (pg 207) and sanded down the edges and sponged them.  Then I took my VersaMark ink pad (pg 203) and touched on the extended bows on top and covered them with gold glitter (pg 201) and heat set them with my heating tool (pg 201). 

Remember yesterday's WOW technique coloring the pearls with Permanent Markers?  Well, here I colored our Basic Rhinestones (pg 198) with a Red Sharpie and I instantly have red rhinestones.  I hand cut and scored the mini leaves.  The square lattice embossing folder and the stripes embossing folder (pg 218) were used for the textured background along with the Modern Label and Word Window and Jewerly Tag punches (pg 209).   I think you can figure out the rest!  Oh, the gold elastic band was from a gift box I had received ... Can't throw anything away!

I had made three of the chipboard pieces thinking I was going to put them on one card.  Silly me ... but fortunately I ended up getting 2 cards out of them!

If you would like to enter my Chipboard contest ... time is running out.  I need all cards to me by Halloween.  Three of my non-stamping friends will be the judges.  First prize - $15 gift certificate, Second prize $10 gift certificate and Third Prize $5 gift certificate.   If you don't have my address, please email me at bzstampin@live.com and I'll get it to you ASAP.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!