Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Holiday Stocking

Wonder where I've been ... well let me tell you ... you are in for a treat!

I've been asked to make a "board" using the new Holiday Stocking Bigz L Die (pg 24 Holiday Mini).  So you say, "What is a board?".   A board is a large poster board full of cards to display at various Stampin' Up! events.   The two boards I made yesterday are to be used at the upcoming weekend stamping retreats I will be attending, the first being this coming weekend in Savannah.  The next one is mid November in Asheville.

I needed to have the board ready for tomorrow; and truthfully I've been putting it off because the creative juices were just not flowing.  I guess I've just been too busy.  Well, I had all day yesterday (after a 3 hour exhausting tennis match ... which we won!) so I just locked myself in my studio and made a total of 16 cards.  I promised I would not post all the photos until after the retreats ... but, with this much work, I just have to share one ... maybe two.



I was asked to use a lot of items from the Holiday Mini.  Rather than list every product used, just browse through your Holiday Mini or click the photo to the right.  And, if you like what you see here, stop back mid November and I'll post the two boards with 14 more ideas.  Oh, I forgot.  One board was done using the Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper (pg 20 Holiday Mini) and the other board was done using Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (pg 28 Holiday Mini).   I used the Ribbons, Stitched Felt and Mini Jingle Bells (pg 30 Holiday Mini), Stocking Accents Original Die (pg 24), Designer Buttons & Velvet Stitched Ribbon (pg 22 Holiday Mini).

Earlier in the month I made a board using the Stocking Builder Punch.  That board is on its way to Savannah.  Stop back November 13th when I can share all the photos!  If you like the stocking items in the Holiday Mini, you may want to purchase it now so that when all the photos come out on November 13th, you're ready to go!  If you're lucky enough to be going to one of the retreats, you're in for a nice surprise.  Several of my upline demonstrators have also been asked to make other boards using various other products from the Holiday Mini.  I've seen some and they are incredible! 

If you aren't coming to one of this year's retreats, you may want to consider going to one next year.  Two great weekends just stamping away ... morning, noon and night.  (literally!)  And, all your meals are prepared for you. 

No comments: