Monday, August 8, 2011

Ornate Blossom with Converted Wheel







I love this card!  I hope you do, too.  I wanted to use some of the new in-colors.   Since I'm not too familiar with them yet, I pulled out my handy-dandy Color Coach (pg. 174) and my newly purchased In-Color Cards (#124886).  See below:


On the back of each colored card, are combinations of colors.  I just fell in love with the Dynamic Duo of Island Indigo and Pool Party (two new in-colors).   So what could I put with these two colors ... look at the bottom ... There's Rich Razzleberry.  I tried it and it works well!  Notice at the bottom of the card, there is my newly converted Fabulous Foilate Wheel stamp (pg 235) stamped with Island Indigo ink on the Pool Party Cardstock. 
Okay, so you came back to see what I mean when I say, "We can save every card-making boo-boo, usually!"  Well my stampin buddy from PA who got me started making cards and I use this saying a lot.  We've learned how to "adjust" boo-boos and not waste the card.   Here's an example on this card:

The background pool party cardstock was the front of the card.  When I went to use my newly-converted wheel stamp to stamp the front bottom border, it slipped and went crooked.  I simply re-folded it so this "front" is now the "inside".  Then I cut a piece of whisper white cardstock to fit exactly inside and stamped that piece.    No one will ever know ...
Now you are probably wondering how I got that beautiful two-toned Ornate Blossom (pg. 107) image ... This is called the Rock N Roll Technique.  To get this effect I simply inked the Ornate Blossom stamp with Pool Party Ink.  Then I rolled the edges in Rich Razzleberry and stamped the image on Whisper White Cardstock.  

The ribbon is the new 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (pg. 194) that was part of my recent Ribbon Share.  A ribbon share is where I buy all of the colors of a particular style ribbon, cut them in one-or-two yard pieces and bundle them up.   This gives you, the client, a chance to get all of the colors to have on hand (vs. buying one roll of each), I get the sales, and I usually save one cut for me to play with so I don't have to buy every roll either.  It's a win-win for all.   I charge my out of town buyers $3 extra for postage.  Ribbon Shares are a hit with my Divas.  Stop back tomorrow for this month's Ribbon Share offering.

The pretty Designer Printed Brad comes in all the new In-Colors, too (pg. 199).  How do you like the brad instead of a knot with the ribbon?   Works for me! 

Remember, stop back tomorrow for my next Ribbon Share offering ...

No comments: