Saturday, November 10, 2012

Retreat Day #3

I know you gals out there who are following this blog are jealous ... We are having so much fun in Asheville at Stamp Retreat.   Please join us in the Spring - March 14-18, 2013!   Save the date ...

Here's today's Make & Take  .......




At Diva club we made these plant sticks for Halloween  (of course with a halloween theme).  They were such a hit that I came up with this design for a retreat Make & Take!  These were made with our Designer Rosette Bigz XL die and our Big Shot.  

I have to confess that when I first saw this die cutter, I said, "no, I won't be getting that!"  My thoughts were that you can punch and score your own ... well, then my awesome upline, Kim, had us make one at one of our meetings and I was hooked.  It is so easy to pop these out using that die!  So now I'm the proud owner of the die and the retreat attendees will have the fun of making these, too.  

Here's a bad photo of the plant stick in action.  I simply took some silk pointsettias purchased from Garden Ridge and a pot from Ikea, a little ribbon.  The pointsettia plant was cute, but the holiday plant stick just made it adorable!!!   A great hostess gift made in minutes!


But wait ... I can't give this as a hostess gift because one of the talented ladies at retreat may win this!  Did I mention that we have card-making contests too.  This year we will have a card challenge AND an original card contest.   I have some neat prizes to award.  When I get home, I will try to post some of the winning cards from retreat.

And, did I mention we will have over 25 boards with hundreds of ideas all over the room.  It's not only the fun of stamping with women from all parts of the USA (Florida, Ohio, Tennessee, etc.) who love stamping, but it's the inspiration which is absolutely priceless ... just a fun time.

Hope you can join us next year!

No comments: