Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just another day to be grateful for all the blessings in my life.  Although we won't be with family in PA today, we will be having some other couples over for our feast.   This has become our tradition to invite those who, too, won't be with their families.  It's actually a lot of fun!

And while I'm not a big holiday decorator, I saw these on another blog and just had to make them to put at everyone's table setting.


How cute are they!


For these I simply stuffed some of our 1"x8" cello bags (pg 161) with candy corn.  The directions called for tamale wrappers, but I couldn't find them at the one store I had time to go to yesterday.  BUT, I did find some fresh corn on the cob, so I grabbed three ears and started husking them.  I ended up with enough to make 12 favors.  I tied both ends with linen thread (pg 173).  Then I cut out some smaller leaves using our newest Bigz Die - Autumn Accents (pg 33 Holiday Mini).  I embossed the acorn (soft suede) with the square lattice embossing folder (pg 189).  I simply folded the pumpkin and river rock leaves down the center and then just crumbled them up.  This is a great technique to make it appear as the leaves have veins.  They really popped out when I sponged them with chocolate chip ink.   "Gratitude" was stamped in chocolate chip ink and lightly sponged.   Fabulous Phrases stamp set (pg 133) was used as was the Word Window punch (pg 183).  They were all attached with mini glue dots (pg 177).

Sorry it's too late for you to make this year, but it's a simple idea for you to make next year.

A sincere Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Continue to Count your Blessings!


No comments: