Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Diva Session

It's really feeling like fall here in SC.  Ricky left yesterday a.m. for a weekend "rum rum" (motorcycle) trip to the Atlanta Road Race, and I had the day to recouperate from 4 Diva days and a record number of Divas...


First, I'd like to sincerely thank all my wonderful Divas who are returning session after session.  You mean the world to me in helping me start my stamping business.  Next I'd like to thank my returning Divas, Marcie and Anne ... I missed you and are so happy you're back!  Third, I'd like to welcome our new Divas ... Sherry, Nancy, Susan, Barbara, Vera, Gayle & Linda ... Wow ...   I'm thrilled to have you all!

It was a crazy week with so many new members... A big "THANK YOU" too, to everyone who took time to help the new Divas and who encouraged some of them to join.  It is because of all of you that my heart smiles!

Okay, onto some photos.   Just to recap the week ... I thought I'd share two of the four projects we made.  This week I re-taught Blender Pens and Aqua Writers.  I was amazed how well you all did.  Here are the two finished cards ...


This image was stamped on Whisper White card stock with Black Stazon Ink from the stamp set, Greeting Card Kids (pg 34).  Then I used Write Markers (pg 202) and made an ink palette on a large acrylic block by applying a generous amount of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze inks (for the pumpkin), More Mustard (for the hat and broom), Old Olive for the Dress and weed), and Chocolate Chip for the cape, tie and the band on the hat).  The skin tone was colored in directly with the Blush Blossom Write Marker sold separately on page 202.  This piece and the large pumpkin card base were sponged with Early Espresso. 
The Divas thought the pumpkin card base would be difficult to make, but ended up having fun with the Big Shot and the Scallop Circle Bigz Die (pg 222) and the Stripes Embossing Folder (pg 218).  Old Olive Satin Ribbon (pg 195) finished it off.  The circle punches used were the 1 3/4" and 2 1/2".


Next I brought out the Aqua Writers (pg 203) and made another palette using Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait and Daffodil Delight.  This time they were instructed to paint their pear in less than a minute.  Any more time on this small item will turn into a gray mess.  They learned about a light source coming in from the top right side, leaving a completely white spot on the right side of the pear.  They learned about shadowing and blending with the Aqua Writer.  Again, the image was stamped with Black Stazon Ink ... a MUST for doing anything with water!  This beautiful pear image is from the FREE hostess set, Faith in Nature (pg 13).  This was done on our Very Vanilla cardstock.  I love watercoloring on our Whisper White and Very Vanilla cardstock ... even more so than watercolor paper.   It is so smoothe and works beautifully!

I think you can figure the rest out ... but if not, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.  AND, if you'd like to earn this free stamp set, let me know that as well.  There are many ways to earn free products through Stampin' Up! and me!

Fall's in the Air ... Ricky's out of town ... I'm in the mood for Halloween, Thanksgiving AND Christmas...
come back in the next three days to see a card for each occasion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE ONE AWESOME WOMAN and I'm so glad to be part of your life... I love you very much, Ricky Z