Wednesday, January 9, 2013

More Manly Cards

Well, I guess I got on roll.   Here are some more of the cards we made at this weeks Mens' Stamp A Stack.



So as I start packing for Leadership in Orlando this weekend, here are a few we made:


Look closely at the above.  The midnight muse card stock was embossed with our Houndstooth  Embossing Folder (pg. 189).  This folder just reeks Manly!  The sentiment stamps are from a retired set.  Just couldn't sell this one.  They are great for manly cards. 



The Best Dad Ever stamp set (pg 27) was used for the above cards.  This set is still available.  The card stock was Cherry Cobbler.   The tie stamp was stamped with basic grey ink.   Then on scrap vanilla card stock, we stamped the ties using Cherry Cobbler ink.   We simply cut out a tie and attached it with dimensionals.   Easy but effective!!!


Okay, once again this golf stamp is retired (sorry).  Living in a golfing community I just can't get enough of this one!  However, this card could be adapted to any golf stamp you may have in your collection.  


I wanted to call special attention to the golf ball and grass.  The grass was created using our Woodgrain Embossing Folder (pg. 36 of the new Mini Catalog).  This was first introduced in the Holiday Mini catalog and gratefully is being carried over!

I punched the golf ball out of the back white card stock layer.  Then I ran several of them through the perfect polka dot embossing folder (pg 189).  I simply attached it upside down so the dots appear to be the dimples on a golf ball. 

Stop back the next few days to see my swaps which I will be swapping at Leadership.

Then next week it's off to the O.R. to get my new hip.   If my blog is inactive for a while, please don't give up on it.   We'll be back! 

No comments: