Sunday, December 30, 2012

More Christmas Cards Received

Had a great trip to Pennsylvania to see family and friends for Christmas.  It snowed Christmas eve.  Not too much, just enough to give us a White Christmas.  Picture perfect!  Then they were calling for another storm coming through the day after Christmas starting at 7 a.m.  So mighty Rick and I headed back to SC at 8:30 p.m. (Christmas night) and got home at 4:00 a.m.   It was a long night, but after a very late sleep-in, I got up to some more home made cards awaiting me.   As promised, here they are ...

These cards were all made my divas.  It's so much fun seeing what they came up with.



Bonnie borrowed my Watercolor Winter stamp set to make the above card.  I love this set and will truly miss it when it retires on January 2nd.   But there's still time to get it before it's gone!   Page 14 of the Holiday Mini catalog.   I also liked how she incorporated the Wood grain embossing folder to give it texture.  Thanks, Bonnie!


Here's a very cute card from Dell.  Can't say I recognize her supplies, but Dell always comes up with some very cute cards!!!  Thank you Dell!


Love this simple and sweet snowman card from Lorena!!!   Unfortunately I had thrown away her envelope with the mass of mail waiting for me.  Lorena taught me and some other members of our cardmaking group how to recycle magazine pages and make envelopes out of them.  Lorena is a Loganberger distributor and used, I'm assuming, a page from an old catalog.   It was quite impressive.   She used white labels for her return address and for my address.  While the envelope is "busy", it does mail.   Very awesome idea!!!
Thanks, Lorena!!!


And last, but not least, Dorinda had this one waiting for me.   I taught this layered card at one of the Diva club meetings, and then Dorinda made it look totally different using her Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (pg. 3 of the Holiday Mini).  Fortunately this set and the coordinating framelits will still be available to order after the Holiday Mini expires on January 2nd.  Thank you, thank you Dorinda!!!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of 2012.  Can't believe this year is over so quickly.   It's been one awesome year!   I successfully ran my first two retreats.  (March and November).  I've had two great 6-month Diva Clubs and continued to grow wonderful stamping friendships with over 30 awesome ladies, I attended a Stampin' Up! leadership conference in San Antonio in January and the convention in Salt Lake City in July AND earned the Fiji trip!   Combine all of this with a few personal trips ...one great year!  And they say retirement is "boring" ... ha ha ha.   My best news of the year was when my daughter announced that her and her family want to move closer to us and they contracted to build a home about 20 minutes from us!   Unbelievable ... A steady diet of Grammie hugs coming in April!!!!!

I wish all of you Blog Followers a very 
Happy, Healthy 2013.   

I'll be back ...

No comments: