Saturday, April 13, 2013

Just a Simple Card for a Beautiful Day

Got up early this a.m. to get an early start to this absolutely beautiful day they are predicting for us.   Finished my chores and decided to make one quick and easy card while I was waiting for my laundry to finish ...





I'm still using up my little pad of DSP from the Holiday Mini Catalog.   This is mostly Christmas colors, but the other sides offer papesr for any occasion.  Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the pad, but it's retired anyway.   But, you could easily substitute this paper with another similar paper. 

I loved how the card turned out.  Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo.  No guess work involved for color matching with our wonderful Color Coach (pg 151).   I cut our pretty Paper Doilies (page 5 Mini Catalog) in half, so of course I had to make two cards.   Used the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L (pg 191)  with a scrap piece of Lucky Limeade card stock. Also used a scrap piece of Island Indigo.  Then I stamped the image with Black Stazon ink onto Whisper White card stock from the Bordering on Romance set (pg 120) and lightly colored it with my Aqua Writer and Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo ink pads.  It was cut out with the 1 3/4" circle punch (pg 184).  The final touch was my favorite Crystal Effects (pg 177) to make the yellow flowers shine and pop out!  Look closely, it's hard to see on the photo.

Hope you enjoy your simple card for the day!   Now off to get a start on my suntan for Fiji  which is just two weeks away!!!!!   Wahoooooooooo!



No comments: