Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fiji Swap Card

Well only a few days left and we'll be on our way to Fiji via Maui!   I can't believe it.   A trip of a lifetime...
Here's the card I made for our swap in Fiji ...



This photo doesn't do the card justice.   It is very elegant.   I cut a piece of Calypso Coral card stock 4 1/4" x 11" and scored it at 5 1/2".   I scallop border punched the front bottom and then cut that piece off leaving about 1/2" from the scallop.   Then I embossed the rest of the front with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder (pg 36 of Mini catalog).  I then took a 4 1/4" x 4" piece of Calypso Coral card stock and again scallop border punched both top and bottom and cut off leaving about 1/2" from the scallop.   I embossed the remaining piece with the Square Lattice Folder (pg 189) embossing folder.   Then I reattached the two pieces that were scalloped punched at the top and bottom and then reattached the front piece to the bottom of the card.  I finished it off using some vanilla seam binding and a flower made with the 1 3/4" (pg 184) and 1 1/4" (pg 36 Mini catalog) scallop circle punches.   I cut slits at all the scallops and sponged some calypso coral ink onto the edges.



For the center of the flower, I smushed a small Soda Pop Top (pg 24 mini catalog) in the big shot using the full platform (Tab 2), a piece of chipboard, soda pop top - up side down - and a cutting plate.   Using the Itty Bitties stamps (pg 25 mini) and the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (pg 183).  Finally, I added some crystal effects over the butterfly and let dry over night.

I hope they will enjoy their swaps as much as I enjoyed making them!

3 days & counting!

No comments: