Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tea Shoppe Swap

Here's another swap I made for convention...

This was a fun card to make.  I used the Tea Shoppe stamp set (pg 57).  First I stamped the large tea cup onto a piece of scrap card stock and carefully cut it out.   Then I attached it to my whisper white card front using a temporary adhesive.  Next I put my Rich Razzleberry Marker into my Spritzer Tool  (pg 179) and spritzed around the teacup.  The DSP is from the Summer Smooches (pg 165), which, if you look closely, totally matches the teacup on the right.  That's just one of the benefits of using our Stampin' Up! products.  Not only do the stamp sets coordinate so well, but they also coordinate with some of our Designer Papers.


For my divas reading this blog ... you may ask yourself, "Why doesn't Bonnie use the Spritzer tool in class that often?"  Well, I've figured out why I don't.   I love this took for making one or two cards at a time, but realize that if used over and over again (like in class), the marker drys out and it's hard to get it to spritz.  I really like the effect the Spritzer Tool gives ... it just doesn't work well in my classes being used over and over again.  I guess I could reink the markers more often :-)

Try it, I really think you'll like using it!  Also check out our new Stampin Spritzers (pg 179).  To finish all my swaps I did get tired of reinking my markers, so I simply filled a Stampin Spritzer with some rubbing alcohol and Rich Razzelberry ink (from a reinker).  I will try to get a photo to you on a future blog to show the difference.  Definitely a different look ... but I loved how that turned out as well.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many cards are you making? Sheri

Anonymous said...

The spritzers are new?? Was there an issue with the old ones?

Thanks,
Shirley