Monday, November 14, 2011

Shaker Frames and Ain't Love Grand

As promised, here are some more ideas to use our new Shaker Frames (pg 38 Holiday Mini).  While at Stamp Retreat, I decided to use up some retired DSP scraps.  So I just started playing ... which we have the whole weekend to do at Stamp Retreat!

Here's a sample using the regular circular Shaker Frame ...

Here I took a window sheet and covered the oval opening (back of DSP).  Then I took two shaker frames, cut them both in half, used one (two pieces now) on both ends of the oval shape and the other cut frame pieces to fill in the spaces between the first two pieces.  Before removing the second side of the protective paper from the frames, I filled this with Micro Beads.  Then I removed the protective pieces on the


back of the shaker frames and attached my pre-stamped and colored image (here I used Ain't Love Grand Free Hostess Stamp Set (pg 14).  

You can make all sorts of shapes by simply cutting these Shaker Frames and forming them around your punched image.   For a snowy effect (on my 11/6 blog samples), try using Dazzling Diamonds glitter (pg 201) or Mica Flakes (pg 21 Holiday Mini) to fill in your shaker frame.  

Order some Shaker Frames and start playing.  What could be more fun than receiving a shaker card!  Your card recipients will love them!

No comments: