Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Retreat Let Down ...

It's been a few days since I got back from stamping retreat and it's back to reality ranch and five diva club sessions.  Here are a few photos from retreat...


 Here are some shots of the different table set ups.  We all get an 8' table just for our use.  When they tell you this, it seems like more room than you would ever need.   After you unpack all your "stuff", we ask, "What happened to our 8' table?"


We laugh because as we pack, we have tons of stuff to craft with, and one small suitcase.  This is a relaxed, casual atmosphere.  Dress for comfort, play all day!








 The walls are lined with boards of ideas.  Here's the Tennessee connection (well, most of them).  Yes people come from as far as Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Michigan to this fun weekend.

It's all about ...
GUILT-FREE STAMPING.  
While at retreat, there is no stressing over what we should be doing ..
 ...
We are not looking at the dust on the TV or the dishes in the sink.  We are well fed and our beds are even made for us.   Our sole job while at retreat is to stamp, stamp, stamp. 

When we first arrive, some get the feeling of "where do I start".  Within the first hour, that feeling changes to "I NEED MORE DAYS TO FINISH ALL I WANT TO MAKE!" 

Sunday comes and after lunch we start to pack up.  You get the feeling of panic Sunday a.m. as we rush to finish up some of the projects we started and take as many photos as possible so we can remember some of the hundreds of great ideas.  Every stamper has a different style ... just so many ideas!


Above is a card ... I know you've been waiting to see a card idea ...  This card was made by one gal (sorry, I'm not sure who originated this card ... I did not).   I saw it done in Perfect Plum with Silver Embossing.   It was breath taking!!!!   I had a scrap piece of this Black Paper Stack DSP and decided to do it in black and Pewter embossing powder.  A touch of taffeta ribbon and some rhinestones ... and walaaaah, one beautiful card after another.


My sincere thanks to my sister and friends from PA who came all the way from Pennsylvania to experience this weekend.  Left to Right -- (Front), Dot (BFF! who organized the group trip), (Back) Mary Jane, my beautiful sister, Linda (my Divine Diva), Me and Alyse (my Divine Diva).  My Divine Divas are my downline in Stampin Up.

Since moving to SC two years ago from PA, I really miss these gals who not only got me started with Stampin Up years ago, but are some of my very dearest friends.   I love you all!  Thanks again for coming!

Stampin' Up! has afforded me the opportunity to build beautiful new friendships in SC ... and very quickly.  the top two photos show some of my newly acquired friends and Divas.  To Ann (Divine Diva), Louise (Diva), Sheri (Divine Diva), Dorinda (Diva), LeeAnne (Diva) and Linda (Diva) ... thank you for coming and making this retreat my best one ever!  Divas are my special club members who come each week to my home to learn new card/paper crafting ideas!

Three days is just not enough! 120 Days and Counting until the next retreat ... March 15-18, 2012.  SAVE THE DATE!!!

No comments: