Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days here in SC.  Not too cold, not to hot, just perfect.   I started the day with a 5K walk, then to the Lakehouse to watch the "grandkids" of Sun City collect hundreds of eggs.

While my family and grandkids are in PA and I won't be joining them this year, I was blessed to have had the pleasure of watching the other children have a ball today collecting all the eggs.  Then I came home to an adorable card from one of my uplines, Kim Cagle.  Actually I received two cards from her.  One to congratulate me on a good month last month.  But the other was this awesome Easter card ... what a pleasant surprise.  It made me remember just how special it is to receive a homemade card and why I love making them and sharing them with everyone.  I've told Kim in the past that I work hard just to get a beautiful homemade card from her each month!  It works!

So for my Easter gift to you, I'd like to share Kim's card with you.  Unfortunately my photography isn't that great and this photo doesn't do it justice.


The card base is Blushing Bride.  Hard to believe that as of May 31st, this great color, along with four other 2010-2012 in colors will be gone, along with the ink pads, ink refills, markers, etc.  So if you, like Kim and me, love this color, stock up now.

While it's hard to see here, she attached a piece of Pretty in Pink Patterns Designer Paper Stack (pg 178) to a piece of Whisper White card stock.  Then she started punching.  There were FOUR punches used here, which makes card making so easy.  To punch out the opening for the Easter Bunny, she used the Extra Large Oval punch (pg 212).  She popped this piece up with dimensionals (pg 206).  The Happy Easter tag was made by punching out a piece of Certainly Celery card stock using the Decorative Label punch (pg 209).  The next layer punched from Pretty in Pink card stock was punched using the Scallop Oval punch (pg 210).  Then she stamped Happy Easter (from the Delightful Dozen stamp set - pg 167) on Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the Modern Label punch (pg 209).   A small piece of Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (pg 195) was tied in a knot and attached with a mini glue dot (pg 206).

Now for the Easter Bunny from our Everybunny stamp set ... I LOVE THIS SET!  While it's too late to make these cute cards for this Easter, it's not too late to order this set from our current catalog (pg 48) and have it on hand for next year.  But, with the release of our new catalog on June 1st, there is a chance this set may retire and not be in the next catalog.  Check it out and see all the adorable Easter images in this set!  (Oh, I forgot ... she lightly colored in the image with Write Markers in coordinating colors!)

Kim, I thank you for all your support and encouragement and ideas!   You are the best!

Here are a few more Easter cards for ideas for next year.  While I can't explain every card, the two main stamps used were Easter Dove (He is Risen - Occasions Mini - pg 43 - retires 4/30/12) and crosses from Crosses of Hope (pg 77).  If you have any questions on any of these cards, just email or call me.  I'd be happy to help in any way.

Enjoy and HAPPY EASTER!










1 comment:

Ricky Z said...

A Big Happy Easter to All your Stamp'n -Up girls and especially to You ;-)