Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Favorite Things ...

... Receiving thank you notes!   When I was back selling real estate in my initial years of the business  (many many moons ago), I attended as many training seminars I could find so that I would be successful in this tough industry.   In one of my first seminars, I learned this ...

We were told to send FIVE Thank You notes out every day ...  Well, to me that was a ultimate challenge to which I simply did not have the time to do with trying to be a wife, mother of two active girls and a full-time Realtor.  So I simplified it.  I sent out five thank you notes every week.  It worked ... people remembered them and referred clients to me to buy or sell their homes.

Years later, I totally realize the great impact of receiving a thank you note ... and when you combine it with a hand-made card .... Walaaaaaaaaah ... you have touched my heart!

This card was made by another one of my Divine Divas, Alyse.  She has a simple but beautiful style and I love every card she sends me.  And, again, while I can't explain every detail of this card, I know she used the Embossed/Sponging technique where she embossed Fabulous Florets stamp (pg 107) using a VersaMark ink pad and white embossing powder (on Whisper White cardstock), heat set it using the heat tool.  When dry, sponged blue ink around it.  Very sharp!!!

Inside the card she thanked me for inviting her to the recent Stamping retreat and how much fun she had!  Coming all the way from Pennsylvania, that meant a lot!



Another thank you note (again coming all the way from Pennsylvania) was from my Sister.  She, too, thanked me for inviting her to attend the Fall Stamp Retreat and expressed how much fun she had.

Here she used the Rock N Roll Technique where she took the large image stamp, inked it with Baja Breeze ink, then rolled the ends in a Soft Suede ink pad.   Lovely result!  The vintage Wallpaper embossing folder adds so much, even to the punched out circle in the center of the stamped image.

Thank you both form coming to Stamp Retreat.  Hope to see you again March 15-18, 2012 at Ridgecrest (near Asheville, NC).

These two cards inspired me to keep making Thank You cards and to share them with as many people as I can think to send them to.  Put on your thinking hat, get some thank you notes out and
MAKE THEIR DAYS! 

No comments: