Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Swaps for Leadership

Finally getting a chance to start making some swaps for Leadership in January.  Swaps are complete card fronts to exchange with other demonstrators to get tons of ideas.   I love swapping!



For this 4x4" card, I actully made full cards.  These will be traded for very special cards from other demonstrators!

I started with an 8x4" piece of whisper white cardstock.  To that I attached a 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" piece of concord crush cardstock.

On a scrap piece of cardstock (3 1/2" x 3 1/2"), I attached 3/4" square pieces of scrap DSP around the outside borders.  Here I used the FREE Hostess DSP - Cheerful Treat -- pg 11).  Then I flipped this piece over and cut off the excess square paper pieces.


Now here's where the fun begins.   I used an old scissors and cut apart a CLEAN empty soda can.  I ran a piece of this, silver side down, through the big shot using the larger scallop squares duo Bigz Die (pg 223).  Once cut out, I then embossed it using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (pg 219).  

The "f" in "my friend" was cut again using the Big Shot and the Alphabet Simple letters Bigz Die (pg 223), and melon mambo cardstock and sponging with concord crush ink.  White taffeta Ribbon, My Friend stamp set (pg 139) and embellishments finish off the card. 

This is a great way to use up scraps of DSP.   I hope the demonstrators throughout the country enjoy this one!  Stop back in the next few days to see some of my other swaps...

2 comments:

Dare to Design with Kathy Williams said...

Bonnie,
What type of adhesive did you use to hold the soda can in place? This is pretty and i wouldn't have ever thought of this! How is the planning going for March retreat at Ridgecrest? This is Kathy Williams from Kingsport, Tn. I sat next to Sherayl Wheaton and talked to you alot about some possible new things to try when you took over. Tall grey headed? HA! You may remember me by that!

Dare to Design with Kathy Williams said...

Bonnie,
What type of adhesive did you use to hold the soda can in place? This is pretty and i wouldn't have ever thought of this!