Friday, December 30, 2011

A Challenging Week

Between my cell phone crashing last Thursday and losing most of my info and getting a new IPad from my honey for Christmas and spending time at Best Buy with the computer geeks trying to figure how to turn it on and get started, I've lost most of this week that I had planned to get caught up. Love technology when it works, but it can be trying when it's not working.

As promised here is another swap I'm taking to San Antonio in January...




Just Believe (pg 109) is a great stamp set!   Here I used Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive markers to color in the foilage image, spritzed it with some rubbing alcohol (to give it a real watercolor look)  and then stamped it on a 3" circle cut out of whisper white cardstock.  The edges of the circle were sponged lightly with Elegant Eggplant ink. 

Old olive cardstock was embossed with the Finial Press Embossing Folder (pg 219) and then wrapped with a piece of elegant eggplant 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (pg 195).


I love this ribbon that is listed as "dotted" ribbon but the reverse side is a solid color.  The verbiage is from Petite Pairs (pg 164).  The card base is crumb cake. 

Counting down to Leadership in San Antonio in January.  Still have more swaps to make and so little time.

I was asked what I used to hold the recycled soda cans to the cards.  I use a liquid glue for these type of layers ... Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive.  This is not a Stampin' Up! product, but it's something I've used for years and it really does dry quickly and holds very well!  If you decide to use it, though, make sure it doesn't seep out the sides of your layers.  It DOES NOT dry clear and will ruin your project if not careful. 

Back to my technology challenges ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a note to tell you how proud I am of you...Happy New Year my Love.

Pat D. said...

Bonnie - Is the rubbing alcohol diluted with water or anything or used full strength? Thanks

Pat Donahue

mary said...

I am still learning on my iPad 2 which I got in march. It is very convenient to travel with. I love reading books on it.

Then Halloween I got the new iPhone 4s. It took me a week and several trips to best buy and AT&T to get my same phone number transferred to the new phone.

So, 2011 was major education year in learning new electronic gadgets. I feel like I jumped from a vintage phone to the space age phone. I didn't know how to even use the phone to call with. Still learning. I have to call my daughters whenever I have a problem. Happy New Year.