Sunday, December 11, 2011

Treat Cups

Treat cups are a hidden surprise with Stampin' Up!.  Last year I tried introducing them to my Divas on some cute cards.  They felt they would be too bulky to send.  This year I came up with a new idea for using them...

Wine bottle hangers ...
Here I filled them with water, removed the adhesive backing, and attached a piece of window sheets and completely sealed them.  Walaaaaaaah, Snow globes.  Oh, I forgot, before attaching the window sheet, I added some Mica Flakes.  VERY IMPORTANT STEP FOR SNOW GLOBES!  :-)

Believe it or not, they don't leak if sealed properly.  As a hint to my Divas, I recommended they get the adhesive protector piece started prior to filling the cups.  Then when they go to remove the protective strip, they don't shake the contents onto the adhesive.  If any filler gets onto the adhesive prior attaching the window sheets, they will leak.  

Here are the products used to make the snow globes:

Circle Treat Cups (pg 182)
Window Sheets (pg 216)
Mica Flakes (pg 21 Holiday Mini)


You then simply stamp and color in any image, attach it to the back
of the window sheet and you've got the image showing through.

The treat cups come in circles or hearts and both coordinate perfectly
with the Full Heart punch (pg 210) and the 1 3/4" Circle punch
(pg 212). 

Have fun creating your own wine bottle hangers.  The bottle hole was punched using the 1 3/8" circle punch (pg 212).

These were a BIG hit at November Diva Club!


2 comments:

Ann said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Michelle Rahal said...

Wow Wow Wow, how incredibly cute!