Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Favorite Things ...

As promised, here are some more of my favorite things ... more cards sent to me...   but before I take you to see the cards ... I must do one very important thing ....

    HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE ...
                                              RICKY "Z"
            You have made my life so complete ... I love you!


I'm officially living with an "old fart"  ... ha ha ha ... just an inside joke ...

Okay, back to business ... One of my favorite things with Stampin' Up! is my wonderful upline.  Kim has been sending me cards to congratulate me every time I have a good month, reach a milestone with Stampin' Up! etc.  She's incredible!  She recently sent me this card she made while at retreat to congratulate me for my recent months' good sales.  I just love it!!!


It's hard to see here, but she used some of the new In Colors (Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo and Wisteria Wonder).   I LOVE THIS COMBINATION of colors!!!!  Then she used one of the techniques I taught at last month's techniques class ... making a shimmer pad using our Shimmer Paints (pg 203) and an old ink pad (rinse out ink pad, fill with reinker ink of your choice and add some Shimmer Paint).  Now you've got a shimmer ink pad!  I loved the detail of Crystal Effects in the center of one of the flowers.  The flower was from Button Buddies stamp set (pg 71) and the "Congrats" ... well, let's just say I've seen it but am embarrassed to say I cannot remember from what set that came.  So if any of you blog followers out there would like to make a comment to let us know which set that's from, I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks.

As I mentioned, this card was a hit from one of the boards at retreat.  My sister decided to make a similar card for one of her friends who has a birthday on Christmas day. 


Here she combined Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke to create a Christmas Birthday card. 
Awesome job, Sis!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards. Happy Birthday, Rick! You guys have fun cruisin!

Anonymous said...

Oops! That post was from me! Sheri B

Merry Lee said...

Welcome to the club, Bonnie! I've been living with an Old Fart for years! Call him "the O F" for short.
Have a wonderful time! Happy 60th, Rick! You don't look a day over 50!