Monday, July 15, 2013

Best of 25 Years - July

Wow, where does time fly ... it's been a while, my apologies.   The good news is that my daughter and family are safely moved down from PA and all is good.   They are getting settled in nicely to their new home and getting used to their new jobs.

Tomorrow I leave for convention for a few days ... a big WAHOOOOOOO!   I've been practicing.
I've also been very busy making swaps so I can have plenty of new ideas when I get home!

This month's Best of 25 Years stamp set was chosen by Shelli, the founder of Stampin' Up!


Here's what it is this month ...

 
All of the Best of stamp sets are available until March of 2014.   If you purchase 6 sets you get one free, but you have to save the little "25" sticker and fill out a form.   Contact me if you need the form.
Click Here to purchase this or any other products now!  Don't forget to use the monthly code (see above) to be eligible for the monthly Mystery Hostess items.
 
In honor of my granddaughter's 5th birthday tomorrow, I made this card.   As you can see, it's not a card you can put in an envelope.   Rick will be hand delivering it to her at her party.
 
 
I wish I were this creative but I'm not.   I saw a red-haired card made like this on Pinterest.  Since she's got long dark hair, I had to change it.  Love the new chalk marker in the new Holiday Mini coming out in August!  (That's what made the white in her eyes).  The pink bows in her hair were made using the two small heart punches, back to back.  I just free-hand cut the shirt and scalloped the bottom.  The arms are from the oval punch.  The head is using the largest circle punch we sell.  (Sorry, I don't have a catalog in front of me to get sizes).   To make the pigtails, I simply lightly sprayed 1/8" pieces of espresso cardstock (1/8" x 4") and wrapped them around a pencil.   Waited a few seconds, carefully slid them off the pencil and let them dry.
 
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY, RYKA!!! 
 
I will try to quickly post some convention photos while I'm gone.   I warn you, there will be no descriptions ... just hopefully lots of card ideas.   Wait until you see the walls of ideas.   I'll try to capture it for you.   This year I'm extremely excited to go.  Two of my downlines, Susan and Ann are going with me.   Add that to my convention regular buddies and some new friends I met in Fiji ... I'm excited!!!
 
Happy Stamping!
 
 

No comments: