Friday, January 27, 2012

Lovely as a Tree Sparkles

Had an awesome techniques club meeting yesterday at our Lakehouse activity center here in Sun City.  To my amazement, 20 gals showed up.  The room was hopping, and I think this was one of the favorite cards and techniques ...


After speaking with some other demonstrators at a meeting the night before, I was amazed at how many have never used Heat & Stick Powder (pg. 201).  To create your own glitter paper, simply stamp and color your image, coat the entire paper using a VersaMark ink pad directly on the paper, apply heat and stick powder, heat it completely with our heat tool (pg. 201).  While still warm, cover with Dazzling Diamonds and reheat to set.  The results are beautiful...





Here I stamped the image from Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set (pg 114).  This set has been around for as long as I've been stamping.  I hope it never retires!  I then made a mask from a sticky note (for the snow ground) and sponged above the mask with Bashful Blue and Blushing Bride inks.  Where the colors meet, we got a beautiful shade of purple ... very close to Perfect Plum.  Then I glittered the paper (see above).



Here's the final card.  I also taught paper tearing (spraying rubbing alcohol on the torn ends when assembled and rolling the edges adds a real worn look).  I also explained how to use the Crop-A-Dial (pg 207) to set our retired grommets.    A touch of ribbon, and wahlaahhhhh!  It's magic!

Don't forget Sale-A-Bration.  To view any of our current catalogs and the instructions for all products online, just click the photos on the right.   And, remember my online store is available to order any products 24/7.  

Divas start tonight ... can't wait to show off all the beautiful card swaps I received at Leadership.  Divas, bring your cameras!!!

ALSO, FINAL DAYS TO REGISTER FOR STAMP RETREAT NEAR ASHEVILLE MARCH 15-18, 2012.  I need a final head count on Tuesday!  Call or email me now ... a few seats remain!

No comments: