Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July & One More Reason to Love the new Ink Pads!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ... And a big THANK YOU to everyone out there who has worked so hard to preserve our independence!  This card is for you!





While pulling out stamp sets preparing for my Christmas in July sessions, I came across Jolly Bingo Bits.   I saw the star stamp and almost immediately this "flag" card came to mind.   AND, I discovered another reason to love the new ink pads.  At this past month's diva club meeting I introduced the new ink pads.  While there was a little concern that the ink took a minute or so to dry, I mentioned that this could be an awesome benefit.   Well today I played with it and it was right!  If you stamp and then quickly apply embossing powder, you can now emboss the image and no need to have the retired craft inks to do so.  Here I used Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (pg. 159) and the heat tool (pg 159) to emboss the stars.   It works!!!  If you look closely, they do sparkle!

Also used on this card were:  Fabulous Phrases (pg 133), Finishing Touches Edgelits (pg. 190), and our Chevron Embossing Folder (pg 189).

Don't forget ... next week is "Christmas in July".  Tuesday and Thursday 1-9 p.m.  12 cards and envelopes for $15.  $1 for each additional cards made.  Come make your cards early and have one less thing to do in December!  Email me to reserve a time slot:  bzstampin@live.com.

No comments: