Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beautiful Flowers

At retreat I taught a class on various ways of packaging your home-made gift items and other things.   I showed a package of hand-made monogrammed note cards I make for everyone who stays over at my home.  They all agreed they were going to come visit me (overnight) so they, too, could receive one of these sets.  They asked me to show them how to make the flowers.  Since I didn't have written directions for the flowers, I promised I'd post the instructions on my blog.  Here they are...




First, here's the finished set of six note cards.   The clear box is from www.clearbags.com.  They come in all sizes.  I simply wrapped some taffeta ribbon around the box, tied a knot, then popped a flower on top:


Here's how to make the flower.

   Punch 3 blossom flowers from the blossom punch.  Run the three pieces through your crimper several times until you break down the fibers enough to separate each piece into two pieces.


Stack the six pieces on top of each other with the rough side facing up.


Once stacked, poke a hole in the middle and add a brad to hold the six pieces together.


Starting with the top layer, scrunch it together into a tight wad.


Repeat wadding up the layers until you have them all scrunched into a flower.



I sponged the edges of the flower with soft suede ink.  Then I mixed some rubbing alcohol with the shimmer paint (frost white) and sprayed it lightly over the flower.  This is a close up of the finished flower.



By the way, the note cards were made with some retired card stock.  Take a 12"x 12" piece of DSP and cut six pieces 5 1/4" x 4".   With the scrap pieces cut six pieces 1" x 4".  Simply layer the DSP over a half sheet of card stock folded in half and then place the 1" piece over that.   The "L" monogram was from the Morning Post Alphabet set on page 144 (stamped in soft suede on vanilla) and punched out the 1 1/4" circle punch.   A Piece of poppy parade (retired) card stock was punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch to back the monogram piece.   Three pearls were added.  This is a great way to use up those retired designer papers and make someone very happy at the same time..

Happy Stamping!



No comments: