Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Using up Scraps of DSP

Are you like me and have a stash of scrap pieces of DSP?  If so, please read on ..


Take your scrap strips, cut them in various widths,  and just start putting them on the front of a card.  Leave a small space between each strip to let the card stock show through a little  When you get to your last piece, simply cut down the width of the strip to the size needed.  Then flip the card front over and trim the pieces off at the ends (top and bottom, here).



Above I used scraps of Sweet Shop (Occasions mini pg 33) along with the yummy ice cream cone from Mouthwatering (Occasions mini pg 34).  Markers make it easy to make your ice cream cone whatever flavor you choose.  I've made this one blueberry (using a wisteria wonder marker).  And, my cone is dipped in chocolate (or at least it appears that way) using an early espresso marker. 

Below I used scraps of the FREE Everyday Enchangment DSP from the Sale A Bration catalog (pg 7).  Gotta love this paper ... I hope everyone has a package of this by now, but if not, feel free to shop online anytime before March 31st, place a $50 or more product order; and when it prompts you for your FREE sale-a-bration item, simply put in #126154 and you will have this paper, too.


The DSP comes with a sponging effect around some of the edges.  If you use Soft Suede ink and a sponge, you can carry the same distressed look throughout your work.   Here I used the "hello" from the My Friend stamp set (pg 139) along with the coordinating stamps that come with the set.  A little Crystal Effects (pg 206) on the teardrops give them a 3-D look.

I've packed up all my strips and hope to use them all at retreat.  Love retreat ... do what you want when you want ... it's a stamper's delight.  Hope to see you in the fall - November 8-11, 2012 near Asheville, NC.

No comments: